BAM Consultancy (Pty) Ltd invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Human Resource Officer.
Human Resource Officers is responsible to run day to day operations of the HR department, being the first point of contact for all general HR administration issues and correspondence.
- Developing and implementing policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records; assisting line supervisors/managers and administrators to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Ensuring staff has performance contracts and valid employment records
- Ensure knowledge and adherence to company policies, and take necessary disciplinary actions appropriately.
- Recruiting staff – that is developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Preparing and evaluating staff performance through appropriate monitoring tools
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
- Undertaking regular salary reviews;
- Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety;
- Interpreting and advising on employment/labour law;
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- Planning, and sometimes delivering, training, including inductions for new staff;
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with BAM Group companies departmental managers/supervisors
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of BAM Group.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Extensive previous administrative experience of working in a HR department.
- Excellency in administrative and team building skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to self-motivate.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and excel applications.
- Co-ordination of a wide range of activities at any one time.
- Good reporting skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPIRIENCE
Diploma in Human Resource Management with two (2) years experience. Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their detailed CVs, application letter, certified copies of educational Certificates accompanied by transcripts and certified copy of passport by Wednesday the 20th/July 2018, not later than 17:00hrs. Late submissions will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If not contacted consider your application unsuccessful.
Physical copies must be sent to: The Human
Resources Department, BAM Group of Companies,
Suite 02, Metcash Complex, Kingsway
Street, Maseru, Lesotho.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org